KOTO KATANA WITH 2 BODY GOLD INLAY CUTTING TEST “Noshu Seki-ju Kanemichi Saku”1544

22.500,00

A very rare piece of history, a signed and dated koto katana,
signature reads “Noshu Seki-ju Kanemichi Saku”
and Dated when it was made in”1544AD”.
Also in gold inlay is a 2 body test cut performed by the tester
“Maejima Hachiro Tomotsugu” over 100 years later in Edo period.
This is an interesting piece of history,
you might know this already but normally for test cut swords they used works that were made in Edo period,
which at the time would have been new blades.
It is very rare to see a koto sword dated 1544AD to be used in Edo period ,
for a test cut as this would have already been classified as an antique.
I read somewhere that less than 1% of test cut blades were koto and the remaining 99% were Shinto and Shin-Shinto combined.
In my opinion this blade is much more rare than a 3 or 4 body test cut from Edo period.

PROVENANCE Mino

AGE Dated Tenbun 13 (February good day, 1544A.D)

CUTTING EDGE 67.57 cm / 26.6 inches

ERA Muromachi Period

HAMON midare Gnome

SHAPE shinogi-Zukuri / Iori-mune

NOTES comes with flashy dragon theme koshirae

SPECIAL FEATURES 2 body Test cut with gold inlay by Maejima Hachiro Tomotsugu

CERTIFICATE Blade has passed NBTHK Hozon certification which will be issued in upcoming months

1 op voorraad